The Employer's Legal Handbook: How to Manage Your Employees & Workplace (Paperback)
Employment laws change often. Staying on top of them is essential to running an efficient, fair workplace--and heading off expensive lawsuits. Use this must-have desk reference to find answers to workplace questions, quickly and easily.
The Employer's Legal Handbook is the go-to guide for business owners and managers. It covers the most common and current employment law issues you need to know about, including:
- applications, interviews, and hiring
- must-have personnel policies
- wage and hour laws
- employee discipline and performance reviews
- health care insurance and other employee benefits
- employee taxes and payroll
- family and medical leave
- employee privacy
- illegal harassment and discrimination
- terminations, downsizing, and layoffs.
The 15th edition provides updated 50-state legal information and explains the latest developments in employment law, including the rise of the remote workforce and other issues raised by the COVID-19 pandemic.