The book database used by this website is maintained by the Independent Booksellers Association. Therefore information concerning the availability of some titles may be inaccurate. For current information on what Hearthside Books has in stock please call or email.
Insight Guides Costa Rica
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Comprehensive travel guide packed with inspirational photography and fascinating cultural insights, now with free eBook.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, this guide to Costa Rica is all you need to plan your perfect trip, with insider information on must-see, top attractions like Punta Uva, Manuel Antonio National Park and Tortuguero Canals, and cultural gems like the Osa Peninsula, the remotest and most biodiverse area of the southern Pacific, the Museo del Oro Precolombino, Central America's largest treasury of ancient gold artifacts, and the picture-perfect Arenal Volcano.
Features of this travel guide to Costa Rica:
- Inspirational colour photography: discover the best destinations, sights and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: immerse yourself in Costa Rica's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Practical full-colour maps: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Editor's Choice: uncover the best of Costa Rica with our pick of the region's top destinations
- Key tips and essential information: packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access this and bonus content from your phone or tablet
- Covers: San Jose; The Central Valley; The Central Pacific; The Northwest Mainland; The Northwest: Nicoya Peninsula; The Northeast; The Caribbean Coast; The South
Looking for a comprehensive guide to South America? Check out Insight Guides South America for a detailed and entertaining look at all the region has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.