The book database used by this website is maintained by the Independent Booksellers Association. Therefore information concerning the availability of some titles may be inaccurate. For current information on what Hearthside Books has in stock please call or email.
The Rough Guide to Guatemala
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Guatemala with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to cruise up the jungle-cloaked gorges and estuaries of Guatemala's 'sweet river', look for Guatemala's rare and elusive national bird, the Quetzal, in the cloud forests of the Verapaces or strut your funky stuff to the drum-driven punta beat in the Garifuna town of Livingston, The Rough Guide to Guatemala will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Guatemala:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Guatemala
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Guatemala City, Antigua and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the rugged beauty of Todos Santos Cuchumatan and the rhapsody of blues and greens surrounding the Lago de Atitlan at the foot of the Volcan San Pedro
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Antigua, Tikal and Monterrico's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Guatemala, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Guatemala City, Antigua and around; The western highlands; The Pacific coast; The Oriente and Izabal; Coban and the Verapaces; Peten; Into Honduras: Copan and around
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Mexico, The Rough Guide to Belize, The Rough Guide to Central America on a Budget
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.